For booking inquiries, please contact us by email:
or by phone:
00385 98 161 30 58 Alen Stranjik
or by: Whatsapp – Viber – Telegram, also possible
* Well-behaved pets are welcome
** All prices including tax and tourism taxes
Terms of Service – Alen Stranjik owner of the log house The River Pearl
Dear holiday guest
We look forward to welcome you to our holiday homes. The following general terms protect both sides.
The general terms and conditions are an integral part of the contract between you
(hereinafter referred to as “tenant”) and me,
- Alen Stranjik, Dolovska 33, 10090 Zagreb, Croatia
(hereinafter referred to as “landlord”).
I am the owner of the holiday homes and also the service provider and contact
person for you.
- Conclusion of the contract
(1) With your registration you offer me as the landlord the binding conclusion of a
rental agreement for the selected property within the specified period. The
registration can be made online, by phone or in writing, verbally or by fax.
The registration is also valid for all participants named therein.
(2) The contract will be concluded with our acceptance. The booking acceptance is
made by sending our booking confirmation by e-mail, fax or letter.
The advance payment is 30% and has to be payed within 14 days from the date
of confirmation of reservation. The holiday house is binding reserved for you
from receipt of your rental pre-payment (30%).
The rest-payment (70%) is to be paid 2 weeks before the holiday house is
A deposit of € 300 will be charged and must be transferred 2 weeks before
starting the trip on the account of the landlord. The remittance will be made
after positive feedback from the service personnel. When checking the
log house damage or missing inventory is determined, the amount of the
deposit deducted and remainder transferred.
The deposit can be waived if the copy of the policy of an existing
Liability insurance with benefits abroad is sent to the
landlord’s email address.
- Services / Prices
(1) The contractually agreed services are referring to our service descriptions of our
homepage as well as from the details of the booking confirmation referring to this.
(2) The contractually agreed prices are referring to the prices of our homepage as
well as by the details of the booking confirmation referring to this.
- Arrival and departure / shortening or extension of the stay
(1) On the day of arrival, the key will be given to you at the holiday log house.
(2) Unless otherwise agreed, the arrival time is from 4 pm, the departure time till 10 am.
(3) If the object cannot be taken over at the agreed time, e.g. due to increased
traffic, strikes, etc. or for personal reasons, the entire rental price remains due.
The same applies if you leave the object prematurely. A desired extension of
your stay let us know as soon as possible.
- Withdrawal / Transfers / Substitute
(1) You are entitled to withdraw from the contract at any time before departure.
The amount of the withdrawal fees depends on the time we receive your
The redemption fees are:
– in case of cancellation up to 14 days before arrival à 30% of the rent
– if you withdraw from 13 days to 7 days before arrival à 50% of the rent
– if you withdraw from 6 days to 3 days before arrival à 80% of the rent
– in case of later declared resignation and non-use of the contractually agreed
services, the entire rental amount is payable.
In case of cancellation a processing fee of 50, – € will be charged.
(2) Notwithstanding these lump-sum withdrawal fees, you have the right to prove a
lesser loss. Until the beginning of the rental period, you may require that
instead of you a third party enters in the rights and obligations from the rental
agreement (substitute tenant). We shall be entitled to reject the entry of the third
party, in case of his / her reputations are problematically to special rental
requirements, legal requirements or official regulations (e.g. age under 21
If a third party enters the contract, you and the third party will be jointly and
severally liable for the rent and the additional costs incurred by the third party.
We recommend you to order a travel cancellation insurance.
(3) In the case of a change in performance or a rescission or termination by us, we
will inform you as soon as possible. If necessary, we will offer you a free
transfer to one of our other holiday properties or, if this is not possible, we offer
a free cancellation. If, contrary to expectations, a substantial change in the
performance occurs, you are entitled to withdraw from the contract without
- Obligations of the tenant
(1) The tenant as well as the other participants, have to handle the rented property
and its inventory carefully. Our notes in the holiday log house description & service
description must be observed, specially take care of neighbors.
(2) The leased property may only be occupied by the registered number of persons.
Additional persons can be rejected by the landlord or billed separately.
(3) The cleaning of kitchen equipment, crockery and cutlery is the responsibility of
the renter. Costs of an additional cleaning required due to a significant amount
of contamination over the normal carries the tenant and will be deducted from
(4) If the tenant or a participant causes a damage to the rented property, the tenant
must inform the landlord immediately. He is liable for all damages caused by
him or the other participants during the rental period. If the tenant realizes that
sudden events can cause a damage or performance impairments to the rented
property, he is obliged to do everything he can reasonably do, to prevent a
damage or to minimize it as far as possible and / or to remedy the disturbance
(e.g. water pipe breakage).
(5) If the tenant notice that the holiday house is not in compliance with the
description or if he identifies defects, he is obliged to report them immediately
(at the latest after 24 hours). After expiry of this period, any claims arising
therefrom can no longer be asserted to the landlord.
(6) A “house information” you will find in the holiday log house. In case of any further
questions, the landlord or our house-supervisor can be contacted by phone (see
telephone numbers on the homepage or house information).
(1) As our holiday log house is located in the nature, insects can occur.
(2) A well-educated pet is allowed in the holiday homes by early arrangement.
(3) The tenant has to comply with the local regulations for waste separation
(see house information).
(4) Our cottages are in a good, safe and quiet location. Nevertheless, we can in
principle not guarantee to have the freedom of noise: the noise of animals, agricultural machinery, construction noise, or others, because we have no influence on these circumstances.
Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for noise disturbances.
(5) Should an unpredictable event such as: war, riot, natural disasters, weather-
related destruction, fires, pandemics, etc. cause a non-use of the vacation
property, the landlord is not reponsible for an impossible use of the vacation
property. In this case, the payments already made will not be refunded. The
outstanding balance must be paid in accordance with the cancellation policy
In order to cover these risks, it is recommended to take out an appropriate travel
cancellation insurance for all travelling people immediately or immediately
after booking, which also insures such events.
- Severability clause / court of jurisdiction
(1) This contract is governed by Croatian and German law. The invalidity of
individual provisions of the contract does not invalidate the entire contract.
(2) The court of jurisdiction for disputes arising from this contract is
We wish you a pleasant stay.